Thursday, June 26, 2014

Positive Thinking Thursday- Making Mistakes

Happy Thursday! I'm so excited to be linking up for my first 'Positive Thinking Thursday' with Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughings.  It's so nice to stop by her page on Thursday and see all of the inspiration flowing! Be sure to stop by her blog or link up and see what everyone has to share today.  







Making mistakes is not easy, however it's important to be willing to try new things and not always succeed the first time.  This is something that in my mind is also important to teach children.  It can get really difficult when there is so much pressure put on them today.  




Source


I recently read an article and saw a segment on the Today Show.  It was about children thinking that their parents value their good grades over them being kind.  It made me think a lot about my son and what I will value in him as a person.  I of course want him to accomplish great things in life and school, but I also want him to grow up to be a kind, caring and compassionate person.  I want him to be able to speak his mind, and do what he loves when he grows up.  I also don't want him to be scared to make mistakes so that he will try new things.  Don't we all want this of our children that we teach in school and that we come home to each night?  I'd love your thoughts on the article or just thoughts on the pressures that kids face today in general. You can access it through this link here.  


So go out there this summer and try some new things, and be ok with making a mistake or two along the way!  Make those memories.... have FUN!   Enjoy the rest of your week!


 


3 comments:

  1. I always tell my students that mistakes are the way we learn, but I think society has sent the message that mistakes are bad so we are afraid to make them. How sad....we need to change this perception. I love how you are reflection on life lessons for Hudson. You are a great mom!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read and respond to comments so I would really appreciate you taking the time to write me a comment about your thoughts on what you have read. Be sure you aren't a no-reply blogger so I can respond to you via email!