Monday, September 1, 2014

Currently... September 2014

Hey there and happy Monday! 
I still feel like it's Sunday, so clearly I'm in trouble...
Tomorrow is day one of school and I feel nowhere ready.
However, they will come and we will have an amazing day!
(even if I'm not ready!)

I'm linking up today with the one and only 
Be sure to stop by her blog and take a peek...also leave her some love.








Listening: The Today Show and a baby monitor- I spend each morning with the news on. I don't necessarily watch every second but it's always on in the background. Now I'm just missing my coffee.  None today, because we're out. The babe is also down for his first nap of the day and it's 8:30AM.... crazy how he's already napping by that time in the day. I guess that's what happens when you wake up at 6. I wish I had that schedule!

Loving- As I've written about a hundred million times and I'm sure you're all bored of hearing about it, I'm going back to school this week since having my son in April. I went back for the last week, but that doesn't really count. I'm scared to go back, but I am so lucky to have such a great support system of family, coworkers, and framily who have had my back. I feel so lucky!

Thinking- I woke up with a tummy ache this morning and my heart is in my throat. I'm just scared to go back. Not in a bad way... just nerves...I know I'll be fine, but I'm just scared I'm not going to be able to do it all. And there is a huge possibility that I'm going to have to cut back because I wont' be able to do it all. That's hard to admit... you teachers can relate!

Wanting- Other than a few maternity outfits, I have not bought a new article of clothing in over a year. Yes, a year. I mean I'm sure I've picked up a t-shirt if I saw it on clearance or something, but I haven't done any real shopping. I'm really wanting to add some new things to my closet... I also still need to lose some baby weight so that's stopping me a little too. I'm excited that I'm going to get my first Stitch Fix this week. Hopefully I find something super fun inside!

Needing- I left school this weekend with not everything up and running, ready to go. I know that it will be just fine, however I just want it complete so I don't have to worry about it. I still need to do classroom jobs (any suggestions? I'm starting from scratch) and also an exit ticket board of some sorts. My birthday chart still has birthdays from last year on it and so does my bus list.  I just want one more day... hahah. I bet if I got one more day I would still say that!

3 Trips- I have always wanted to go visit Colorado for some reason. I don't know why but since I was a little girl I have always loved the mountains, and once when I saw a picture of CO, I just fell in love. I really want to go skiing there one day. I also want to do some traveling out East. I have only been there once and it doesn't really count. I had a plane layover in Maryland for like 5 hours one day. It was late at night too. I didn't see anything. I really want to go to NYC!!  Do all of the tourist stuff! Lastly I want to go to Paris. I was supposed to go in HS, but after 911, our school changed our trip on us. I got to visit Coast Rica which was amazing, but Paris is still on my list!


Hope you all have a great week ahead. 
Be sure to stop by Farley's blog 
and check out the currently links!








5 comments:

  1. Oh it is so hard to go back to school with a little one. My youngest is 6 now and comes with my to school! I have an exit slip board by my door. It says "What Stuck With You?" I put an empty calendar poster up and wrote numbers 1 - 32 on it which corresponds to their roll call numbers. They then answer my prompt on a sticky note and place it on their number when they leave. The kids love it! Good luck tomorrow! Deep breathes it always works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to go back after having a little one, but the smiles and hugs you get when you see them in the afternoon almost makes up for it. My daughter just started kindergarten and there are days she gets teary eyed about me leaving, but when I pick her up she is all smiles and sunshine! Hope the transition back gets easier!

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ana! I am hoping your first day is fabulous. Just remember two things- the kids will be fine regardless. They are excited and ready to be there and you will most likely have a few teacher pleasers that can help you. The other thing is to just take it one day at a time. Adjusting to a new routine with the baby is going to be interesting, but in no time it will all be rolling smoothly. Enjoy these days with the little one- they go by too fast!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your first day back is great...and I am sure it will be you are awesome! I know it will be hard going back after all the time with your sweet little man, but you will adjust :) I ALWAYS get nervous that first day...I was even nervous this year and I had many of the same students as last year. I think it is just first day jitters everyone gets. Have a good last day before your first day back tomorrow. :)

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ana - your blog is sooo cute! I'm so glad to have found you and am your newest follower! I hope your first day was awesome. I just moved up from first to third and am loving it although we started early August. Enjoy your short week!
    hugs,
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read and respond to comments so I would really appreciate you taking the time to write me a comment about your thoughts on what you have read. Be sure you aren't a no-reply blogger so I can respond to you via email!