Friday, July 4, 2014

Five for Friday {4.4.14}

It has been FOREVER since I've linked up for a 'Five for Friday' post with Doodle Bugs Teaching! I'm so excited to be linking up with the fun and randomness of summer! Happy 4th of July Everyone!!! :)














I am super excited to be signed up for a postcard exchange for next year.  I have never heard about one before, until I read this post from Pinkadots Elementary. The short version of the story is that you sign up along with teachers from all of the other states in the U.S. (and even some out of the country) to send postcards to each other during the school year.  You either create or get a postcard that can highlight what is special about your state so others can read and learn about it.  I'm super excited to be doing this.  If you think that it's something you might be interested in, there are still several spots available in the exchange that I'm doing.  Please click here!  How fun! :)


Source





  




Tuesday was Hudson's first day out at the park. Granted he doesn't enjoy the park yet, but it was so nice to get outside and enjoy some fresh air.  Hello breezy 80 degree weather and goodbye 99% humidity and air conditioning.  
















With the cooler weather we enjoyed a nice walk in Lake Geneva.  We try to get out and enjoy our town as much as we can, but in the summer it can be soooo busy that it's hard to get around.  If we go during the week it's much more tolerable. 














I did some work at school this week with some other colleagues.  We are working in our school's book room.  We spend some summer hours putting new books into the system and organizing what is already there.  I really love working in the book room because I always find a title or two that I didn't know we had!















Happy 4th of July!!!  It's hard to believe that last 4th of July my hubby and I were running free with plans plans plans.  I swear we had like 4 parties to go to in one day.  This year we didn't really have plans....just relaxing and enjoying the babe.  It feels nice not to be running all over the place, but still enjoying some time together.  








I hope you all had a wonderful week.  Happy 4th of July!!  




3 comments:

  1. That baby is precious! What a wonderful summer break you are going to have spending time with a little one!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his cute little outfit. The weather is perfect here today too. Happy fourth!

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be in charge of my whole bookroom...by MYSELF. It's such a big job and people don't even realize. I quit doing it because it was too much. I'm glad you have a couple of people to work together. Glad you got out to the park this week! xo
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read and respond to comments so I would really appreciate you taking the time to write me a comment about your thoughts on what you have read. Be sure you aren't a no-reply blogger so I can respond to you via email!