Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Two for Tuesday- Lit Circles & Fable Organzier (2-4)

Hi There,
I know I've been a little MIA the last week or so, and I'm sorry about that. I'm hoping to get back on track.  The little one has been a little out of sorts, and we've been trying to figure out exactly what's going on.  I'm guessing a mixture of growing pains, and being passed around too much (he had his baptism this weekend with 40+ people googling over him!!)  Let's just say that he is exhausted, and so are his parents!!!  I'm linking up today with The Teaching Tribune for Two for Tuesday. The linky where people put items from their TpT store at 50% off. Be sure to check out the other great link ups!! I know that I'm excited to shop. 







Today the two products that I'm putting up for 50% off are....



I use literature circles in my guided reading groups all of the time.  I don't use them over and over, but tend to rotate through a variety of different learning tools with students to do in guided groups.  Something that is always in my rotation is literature circles.  I have created a literature circle pack for a group of students to use right away in a small group.  This pack is designed with 4 members, but no fear, you can easily have more than one member 1, 2, 3 or 4 depending on your group.  The work is independent until sharing time, so very seldom do you have duplicates of what students are sharing.  








Each member has a twelve day schedule included with the pack.  There can easily be more added, or some taken away if you don't need that many.  Each member has a rotation of 4 jobs do go through each of the twelve days.  The pack is put together so all you have to do is print, and you will have each booklet pre-made in order.  It's over 60 pages!!!  You just need to make copies. 


After the front cover for each member book is a self assessment page for students to assess how they did with their listening and talking skills for that days literature circle discussion.  I typically have them do that at the end when we're all done.  Then the booklet is laid out with the job pages.  Like I said there are 4 jobs. One is to come up with 3 long answer questions for the reading that was done for that day to pose to the group for discussion.  One is visualization where students draw a part from the reading.  It can be a part they liked, didn't like, an interesting part or a part that made them question something in the reading.  They share their picture, why they drew it and then others can comment/discuss.  The third job is to make connections to the reading, and the last is to give a summary with the main characters, setting and plot of the pages read.






Students use what they have learned about story elements (title, setting, problem, solution, characters) to fill out this graphic organizer on a fable that they have read. Additional details that are added to this organizer are an illustration of an important part of the fable, to tell the moral of the fable, and to retell the fable in their own words.





If you download a product I would love for you to leave feedback!! Thanks so much. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read and respond to comments so I would really appreciate you taking the time to write me a comment about your thoughts on what you have read. Be sure you aren't a no-reply blogger so I can respond to you via email!