Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Made It: 7.7.14 -S'more cookies & Running Board

Fist of all how many of your are taking part in Blog Hoppin' 2014's scavenger hunt??? If you aren't be sure to check it out. I had a blast this weekend working on finding some items on the list to check off.  Maybe that's why I only have 3 things to share today.  It's Monday, and that can only mean one thing.....






I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!!!  Weeeeeee!









The first thing that I want to share are the S'Mores Cookies I made for the 4th of July




Ingredients
1 C Butter
1 C Brown sugar
2 Eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 C Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Hershey's bar, chopped
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 package Graham crackers



Directions: 
First I creamed the butter and sugar together.  I added the eggs and vanilla next and mixed together.  Lastly I added 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the baking soda.  





When everything mixed, I folded in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.  






When the mixture was done, I placed a small ball of the dough on top of a graham cracker and baked at 300 for about 11 minutes.  The recipe I followed you can find here.  It said to not cook for longer than 11 minutes or the graham cracker would burn.  I did have to cook just a little longer because I think my cookie balls were too big.  They weren't all the way done at 11 minutes. 










They turned our great, however I would suggest to double the marshmallows and chocolate!!  

















Running Board: My husband and I have done a handful of running races.  Nothing major, just a 5K here and there.  I have seen these boards on pinterest that allow you to hang your race bib from them.  I thought, huh I could do that!!  I put two of them together.  One of them for me and one for my husband.  His isn't done being painted so I'll have to share later.  Here is mine!! 

















American Flag Fruit Tray:  If you follow me on instagram you saw that I made a fruit tray for the 4th of July.  If you don't follow me on instagram, what are you waiting for???  :)  You can find me @mrsbentinsblackboard.  I put a very simple American Flag fruit tray together for our outing and it turned out great.  I did rub a small amount of lime juice on the bananas after I sliced them to keep them from going brown.  It worked out super nicely and I also love how the tray turned out!  If you're looking for something easy, this is for sure the way to go!  








Can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to! :)  Have a great week!



5 comments:

  1. The smores' cookies....yumm!!! They look great and so does the American fruit tray. Super cute and patriotic! I love the running board! Have a great Monday!

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flag out of fruit. That is so cute!

    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fellow Runner!
    I love the running board. I have been telling myself that I need to make myself one to hold all my bibs! I have some stuck in the wall and other just in a pile on the ground! Great Job!
    ~Ali
    Cupcakes and Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali!! :) I have to say I'm not a huge runner, at least right now after just having my son, but I'm hoping to get back into it. You need to make a running board for your race bibs, it was super easy! Such a fun thing to have around. Thanks for stopping by and for the comment. Do you know that you're a no-reply blogger so I can't respond to you via email directly?? Let me know if you need help changing that. Hope you have a great week.
      Ana

      Delete
  4. I WANT THOSE COOKIES!!!!!!! I want EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. Can you hear me shouting all the way to your house?? Holy Moly those look SO good!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read and respond to comments so I would really appreciate you taking the time to write me a comment about your thoughts on what you have read. Be sure you aren't a no-reply blogger so I can respond to you via email!