Monday, July 28, 2014

MMI- Cheesy Tortellini Soup & Literature Circle 3-5 Pack

Happy Monday!
I have just two little things to link up with 4th Grade Frolics for my Monday Made It. 
One is a great recipe that I made this week and the other is a new TpT product. 

My craft list is a mile long.
Seriously... a mile. 
I'm like half done with multiple projects right now and it's driving me bananas (cue the song now...)
I'm trying to stay on top of things, 
but right now trying to stay on top of things has not been that easy. 





 Cheesy Tortellini Recipe

I know it's still summer, but I'm trying to start to get back into the routine of school year cooking.
Yes, I said it..school year cooking!!!  
YIKES! 
This is one of my favorite soups to make, and it's soooo easy! I made it this week for us and for a friend who just had a baby. I also won the soup cook off at school with this recipe... just sayin'... ;)


Not a great picture, but my award winning soup ladle...
Now if you had any question about making this
recipe, hopefully you won't now! :) 




I didn't take a ton of pictures, because it's not that great to look at. But here is the recipe. 
Don't hesitate to try it! It's amazingly good, especially when you don't have a lot of time to prepare a dinner!


This is it for the bulk of ingredients! So easy!



8 oz. cheese Tortellini (non-frozen)
1 pinch Salt
1 T Pepper
1 T olive oil
3 cups Marinara sauce
1 ½ cans Water
Water for boiling
3 cans Campbell’s Minestrone soup
Parmesan cheese


Bring salted, oiled water to a boil. Cook tortellini to al dente. (Use directions on tortellini packaging). Remove tortellini from water, set aside to cool. Rinse to avoid sticking.

In a large pot mix together minestrone soup, 1 ½ cans water, marinara sauce, pepper. Heat to desired temperature. Stir occasionally. Add in cooked tortellini and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.

Serve with grated parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!




A few weeks ago I posted my elementary lit circle pack on TpT. 
You can read about it here

I have finally finished up the intermediate version of the same idea.
The idea is the same in that it is set up in the exact same way. There is a 12 day rotation schedule, 
and during those 12 days, each person has a job assigned with a reading. 




Differences are the job titles and the directions for each job. 
 They are discussion director, literary luminary, literary connector and selection summarizer. 


Also on the bottom of each page is a grading scale that can be done by the student as a self-evaluation or doe by the teacher after the book or page is collected. There is still a day-by-day self assessment page included in each book. 



I'd love for you to stop by and check it out! Let me know what you think.



Also, if you have time today, check out my friend Mrs. Spangler's blog. She got a new design to celebrate her blogiversary and is also having a giveaway! Be sure to stop by, say hello and enter to win!!




  
Have a great week everyone! I'm off to a 2 day PD class! 



4 comments:

  1. Bookmarked this post so I can make the soup. I don't cook often because I hate cooking, but that seems easy enough that I would actually do it! Thanks for sharing!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely saving this post! I love the literature circle jobs!!

    Ashley
    Coffee and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some soup! That sounds so yummy...even if it is 200 degrees outside right now!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you added the grading scale at the bottom for self checks or peer evaluations! I am not a soup person, but this sounds good and SOO easy...my kinda cooking :)

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read and respond to comments so I would really appreciate you taking the time to write me a comment about your thoughts on what you have read. Be sure you aren't a no-reply blogger so I can respond to you via email!