Friday, July 25, 2014

Social Media Has Taken Over! 5 for Friday!

Happy Friday! I'm excited to be linking up with Doodle Bugs teaching for the 5 for Friday linky!!





I have to say that this week, I have really gone full force with all aspects of social media to try to make connections.  I have to say that progress has been a bit slower than I thought it would, but I've been having fun!








I started a Facebook page for Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard.  I've started to follow many of the blogs that I read and it's been fun to see more than just a blog post from people.  How many of you have a Facebook page for your blog?? If I'm not a fan, I'd love to be. Just tell me where to find you and I'm there! Just click on the picture below to get to my page. I'd love for you to stop by and say hello and while you're there I'd love for you to like my page too! :)













I also recently started an Instagram account for Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard.  It has been equally as fun as Facebook, in that I've really gotten to see more personal aspects of my blogger friends through pictures.  I know that I shared earlier about Instagram, but in the past week I have really been able to find a lot of people that I know through blogging and it has been so much fun!!! You can find me @mrsbentinsblackboard on Instagram or through this link.  I sure do love sharing my life both personal and school in pictures. Here are a a few of my favorites.










I took Hudson to the beach this week for his first time!  It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, however nothing is with a 3 month old.  He ended up enjoying most of his beach time in a tent hidden away from the sun (he fell asleep!!). He also didn't like when the water touched his feet.  However, the hardest part with a new baby is just getting out and doing things by yourself....and I did it! :) I felt very accomplished.








We went to eat at Joni's Diner in Lake Geneva one morning for breakfast. It was so delicious and super fun. I felt like I was out of an episode of Breaking Bad!!!












My dad had surgery this week... it was a long week, but everything turned out good and now hopefully he is a double cancer survivor!! :) Thankful for so much right now! I hope I don't offend anyone with the picture below, but right now this is our mantra for the cancer.  He has just been cleared for his year check from the last bout with it, and then got diagnosed with a different kind.  So it's all very fresh!

Source
Have a great weekend!



4 comments:

  1. Oh your little guy at the beach is adorable! It looks like it was a fabulous day! Here's to hoping that you dad does indeed continue to kick cancer's ass! I just got word that my grandfather's cancer may be back so I know the feeling... sending good vibes your way! :)
    Kelli
    Tales of a Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just headed over to your facebook page to like it! I hope your likes increase as mine do!! My mother has cancer so I totally understand your feeling with your dad. I am praying that your dad's is gone and cancer free! Loving Hudson beach pics!

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Keep Calm and Kick Cancer's Ass!! I would say it's my favorite part of this post, but I can't. It's going to have to be tied with Hudson. You know I love me some Hudson cuteness! I'm so glad you made it out the beach with him. I don't blame him one little bit for not wanting his feet in the water. There are CREATURES in the water, Ana. Don't you let my little boyfriend get any creatures near him...or else I will be super mad at you for a very long time. Understood?
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my precious! How can you stand having such a cute kid? I wouldn't even be able to sleep at night-just wanting to look at him!

    I "liked" your FB page! Mine is linked to my blog page and instagram is teachersareterrific!

    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read and respond to comments so I would really appreciate you taking the time to write me a comment about your thoughts on what you have read. Be sure you aren't a no-reply blogger so I can respond to you via email!